A place to make amazing happen.
Hi. Let’s get started.
A Quick Introduction:
NEXT/NOW is an independent creative agency that creates next-generation digital experiences for world-class brands and ideas. We use graphic design, interactivity, industrial design, technology, and architecture to create unforgettable moments of connection between people and organizations.
Our team has a varied background, from brand and museum management to video game development, and pretty much everything in between. Our focus on creating new approaches to existing challenges ensures a vibe of innovation runs through our studio. We work as a team, but have solid workflow practices that ensure projects are delivered with the right outcome.
• Competitive Compensation
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Transit Benefits Program
• Medical and Dependent Flexible Savings Accounts
• Paid Vacation
• A great team and client base to work with daily
• A dynamic and vibrant office environment
• Hang out with Tanner, the office dog
You’ll be working in our amazing loft space in Chicago’s West Loop and working on projects for some of the world’s best brands, creating portfolio quality projects and images.
We are looking for a skilled and versatile Project Manager to become a part of our dynamic team. At Next/Now, our specialty is crafting engaging interactive experiences for physical spaces. Our installations are typically designed for museums, tradeshows, retail spaces, sports venues, events and travelling brand tours.
The role of the Project Manager (PM) is integral to a project’s success. The PM’s job is to work directly with the client, internal team, partners and vendors to ensure the delivery of outstanding project on time and on budget.
Internally, the PM works directly with our art and programming teams to organize and facilitate workflows by establishing the user experience, articulating major milestones and organizing weekly sprints, status updates, reviews and QA testing. Externally, the PM works with project partners and clients as the main point of contact throughout the life of the project.
We are more than a digital studio. We design digital experiences for physical spaces. Therefore, the PM’s role often includes organizing video productions, working with custom fabrication partners, and procuring hardware to provide turn-key solutions for our clients.
Many candidates don’t have experience managing the development of cutting-edge interactive applications AND managing onsite physical installations. We’re looking for someone with grit, hustle and a positive outlook to learn and grow with our support.
Candidates should possess:
- 2+ years of experience producing or managing digital and/or experiential projects
- Comfort working within fast-paced timelines while managing multiple responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for interactive technologies
- Excellent strategic thinking skills to identify risks or opportunities during the life of a project
- Experience working with clients, vendors and internal teams
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Inclusive, collaborative, fun team
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Motion Graphics and UI Designer
We are looking for a talented junior level motion graphics designer to join our team. Ideal candidates are comfortable creating conceptual as well as finished design elements. In this position, you will work directly with the project team to concept, design and produce user interface elements, motion graphics and in-game visual elements for our interactive applications. A flexible visual palette is required, as well as the understanding the importance of our client’s existing brand frameworks.
Things that will put you ahead of the pack:
- Visually stunning portfolio
- Passion for art and visual experiences
- Experience 3D modelling in Cinema 4D
- Photoshop and Adobe After Effects
- 1+ years of work experience
- Understanding of color and typography
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a passion for the craft, a keen eye for detail and eagerness to learn
- Must be deadline oriented
If you are a talented designer with a can-do attitude who wants to work on cutting-edge projects for high profile clients, this position is for you.
Send cover letter, portfolio and resume to: [email protected]