Candidate should be fluent in 2D and both 3D design and time-based media. All softwares and technologies are on the table. Candidates should excel at a unique combination of disciplines across multiple media. A willingness to combine influences from a wide variety of sources is key. You are a creative technologist. You are a confusing amalgamation of developer and artist. Your skill set is vast and seemingly unrelated but utilized to discover solutions with an art forward approach.
- Previous experience in real time production pipelines for Event, Games, Theater or VR is a must.
- Applicants should be ready to show professional work that highlights these combined skill sets.
- An example would be a projection-mapped sculpture where the applicant designed the sculpture, animated 3D content and then projection-mapped the piece themselves.
- Confidence and willingness to explore a wide spectrum of software and workflows is an absolute must. Next/Now’s mission is to remain in the space not yet imagined by leveraging radical new workflows and technologies to articulate our client’s narratives across all forms of visual engagement. This does not leave much room for those set in their ways.
Software required to be considered:
- Adobe Creative Suite: Expert (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects, Premier)
- Cinema 4D: Expert
- Redshift Render Engine: Expert
- Octane Render Engine: Expert
- Houdini: Working knowledge / Have used professionally
- Maya: Working Knowledge / Have used professionally
- Touchdesigner: Advanced
- GLSL: Intermediate
- Python: Advanced
- C++: Working Knowledge / Have used professionally
- Unreal Engine: Expert
- Unity: Expert
- Notch: Working Knowledge / Have used professionally
Noice to haves:
- Open Frameworks
- Ableton Live
- Davinci Resolve