We are looking for a skilled and versatile Producer to become a part of our dynamic team.
At Next/Now, our specialty is crafting engaging interactive experiences for physical spaces. Our installations are typically designed for museums, tradeshows, retail spaces, sports venues, events and traveling brand tours. The Producer role reports to the Director or Project Management/Production.
The role of the Producer is integral to a project’s success. The perfect candidate will be a general creative problem solver and critical thinker, a natural leader, confident and solutions-oriented, adaptable, flexible, positive and enthusiastic.
At a high level, the Producer is Captain of the Project’s Ship. The Producer at NEXT/NOW is a hybrid role of Production Manager, Account Manager and Project Manager.
- Leads internal cross-functional teams from start of project to end
- Owns project from top-to-bottom, start-to-finish, including onsite installations
- Day-to-day point person for clients, vendors/fabricators and internal team, and owns all daily correspondence; Runs and facilitates client meetings
- Total comprehension of the NN-suite-type projects, hardware, software, fabrication, installation, etc
- Liaises between client and internal teams
- Makes critical decisions and is empowered to proactively and creatively create solutions
- Confidently commands all onsite installations, including managing client expectations, overall install ROS, internal team schedule and workflow, and assistance with setting up hardware and testing
- Confidently provides critical feedback to internal teams
- Thoroughly understands scope of project and identifies project growth opportunities
- Manages timelines, milestones, sprint planning for their projects
- Manages project quality
- Ability to be proactive in production needs, can accurately assess all project needs and can guide client through internal process
- Manages user testing
- Manages budget of project
- UI/UX and end-user-minded
- Manages and plans all travel and logistics including shipping
- Up to 25% travel for meetings and installations
- 4-8 years experience as Account Manager, Project Manager or Production Manager/Producer in client-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other Business
- Enthusiasm for emerging technology and desire to learn
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent strategic thinking and communication kills
- Physical ability to talk or hear, use hands and fingers, and occasionally be able to lift up to 25 pounds